Skip to main content

Sometimes its hard being a mum..

Now this is something i wouldn't usually dream of writing about but after watching the video of Kate Middleton speaking out about how hard being a parent is it gave me confidence to speak about my own experiences in a hope that it might help you reading this.

From day one of becoming a mum its super emotional, from the day you get that positive test right up to giving birth and forever after that, you are filled with so many different emotions and i dont think it ever goes away! Happy, nervous, excited, there are too many of them to list and everyone feels different.

When i was pregnant i had a really hard time controlling my emotions so i ended up talking to a counselor to try and let some of my feelings out, i was over the moon to be pregnant but at the same time i was worried about money, how me and my partner would cope, scared if i could even give birth to a baby.

I thought that it would get easier and those emotions would go away but they dont it just changes a little bit and you have to learn how to cope with them! I still feel all of those but in a different way, i feel scared about something happening to my daughter, i feel worried about money still, and i feel so bloody in love with this gorgeous little human being ive created.

Being a mum is a daily battle with judgmental people, other mums and dads judge you, family, friends and even yourself! Im always thinking i could do better and i should be doing this should be doing that but i think we dont give ourselves enough credit! I watched a video the other day and it was asking mums what they think there child thinks of them, they listed things like there too busy, they dont take them out enough, dont spend enough money on them etc. Then they asked the children what they thought of there mums and they said, they love her, think shes amazing, think shes beautiful! You have just got to try and remember as long as your doing the best you possibly can for your child then your doing an amazing job, even if that means seeking help every now and then.

Im always seeking help and sometimes a second opinion, im a new, young mum and i will hold my hands up and say i dont know everything but then again who does? My most called person on my phone is my mum followed by my sister, they are both mums themselves and they have had a bit of experience. I probably drive them mad constantly asking questions but thats what their there for! Is her temperature too high? Should i take her to the doctors? She wont sleep what do i do? Is this normal? These are few of the many many questions i ask. I am very lucky to have them to support and help me and there is someone out there for everyone! Whether its a family member, friend or a professional make sure you seek help when you need it! There are some fantastic mum and baby groups out there in the community or online that you can join!

So basically i just want you all to know its ok to not be ok sometimes! Its ok to ask for help! Any mum out there that portrays the perfect life is in the same position as you, sleepless nights, tantrums you name it! Were all going through the same thing and we need to support each other! You are not alone!

Channel mum have a fantastic facebook group you can join for support from other mums, just search them and request to join!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IM PREGNANT!!!!! My first trimester

Hello all, as im writing this im coming up to 13 weeks pregnant, due the 21st March 2018 (my original due date was 24th march which is my daughters birthday) but the baby was measuring bigger.

This is our second and final baby and im so excited to share my journey with you, as i only started blogging and youtube at the very end of my last pregnancy.

So whats in store for you? Well im going to be filming and blogging my journey.

So my first trimester how has it been you ask? In all honesty its been aweful, dont get me wrong im so so lucky to be pregnant and not a day goes by i dont realise how lucky i am. However i have been super super sick and feeling so tired and grotty in general. My skin has been aweful ive got really bad acne all over my face which is very painful. Ive been suffering a lot with headaches because of the rise of hormones in my body and ive also just wanted to sleep ALL the time which proves very hard with a toddler running around


. Im sure at the start i had some k…

A few things from my Holiday Wardrobe

Black bikini bottoms from prettylittlething.com













Red Bikini (top & bottoms) from prettylittlething.com










Sunglasses from Accessorize Bikini top from Tesco










Bikini top from Tesco












Dress from Quiz clothing


5 Tips to save money before Christmas (& just in general)

Here are a few things i do to help save money before Christmas, i hope this helps you!

Cut down on your electricity bill

This one is really simple, not using something? Turn it off! Im a firm believer of this as im a bit of an eco warrior as well as a major money saver! I have having lights on for a start (im not a vampire) but if its not dark enough that you cant see the lights dont need to be on! You will be surprised how much electric you save which means more money for things that are more important!

Coupons, coupons, coupons

My wallet is always full of coupons, but do be careful they are made to make you buy stuff you dont usually, im always picking up the Tesco, Boots & Superdrug magazine because they are full of coupons! I have saved so much money using these.




Sign up to the loyalty card!!

I have cards for every shop! Tesco, Sainsburys, Matalan, Boots, Superdrug, you name it i have a card for it! Even if i dont shop in the place all the time your points add up, im always getting …