Skip to main content

Bridal make-up training

Before the natual bridal make up
So the past two days ive been in Falmouth, Cornwall, studying bridal make-up with Sally Orchard (an amazing make-up artist in Cornwall) so i arrived at her studio in Falmouth there were 6 lovely girls doing the course including me. The first day we did a bit of theory in the morning and practiced a more natrual bridal make up look in the afternoon, this was really hard for me as im usually one for putting quite a bit of make-up on so it was quite hard to just do a little bit! It was also very strange to do someone else's make-up as im so used to just doing my own!
First day of training

The second day we did more of a stronger bridal make-up look the model was Silly old see dog (Alison) she creates vintage dresses which are just out of this world and you will see one of her dresses in the picture i took. The more stronger look really suited her! After a bit of theory and watching the demo we worked on each other in the afternoon, i worked on a different girl from yesterday so i could practice working on different people with different eye shapes/face shapes. I found this look was a lot easier but ive got a lot of work to do before im perfect! I struggled the most with the eyeliner as i dont often wear it myself but i think i did a pretty good job. I cant wait to get stuck in and build up a nice make-up kit (a nice excuse to buy more make-up) and start building up a portfolio of different looks!

Sally Orchard
 I really enjoyed the course with Sally it was so nice to be taught by someone so knowledgeable about the industry and i defiantly want to do more of her courses

Silly old sea dog (Alison)

Before the make up on the second day

  Im looking forward to doing some YouTube tutorials with some of the looks we have been shown. Im aiming to do one video a week throughout December so please let me know what you would like to see!

This year has been such a whirlwind and its still not over, from moving house to having my baby girl, then a new career opportunity, making myself a blog and YouTube channel and learning threading and make-up im so excited to see what next year brings if its anything like this one! 

Sally Orchard - https://www.facebook.com/sallyorchardmakeup/
End of second day a more glamourous look
Silly old sea dog - www.sillyoldseadog.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IM PREGNANT!!!!! My first trimester

Hello all, as im writing this im coming up to 13 weeks pregnant, due the 21st March 2018 (my original due date was 24th march which is my daughters birthday) but the baby was measuring bigger.

This is our second and final baby and im so excited to share my journey with you, as i only started blogging and youtube at the very end of my last pregnancy.

So whats in store for you? Well im going to be filming and blogging my journey.

So my first trimester how has it been you ask? In all honesty its been aweful, dont get me wrong im so so lucky to be pregnant and not a day goes by i dont realise how lucky i am. However i have been super super sick and feeling so tired and grotty in general. My skin has been aweful ive got really bad acne all over my face which is very painful. Ive been suffering a lot with headaches because of the rise of hormones in my body and ive also just wanted to sleep ALL the time which proves very hard with a toddler running around


. Im sure at the start i had some k…

A few things from my Holiday Wardrobe

Black bikini bottoms from prettylittlething.com













Red Bikini (top & bottoms) from prettylittlething.com










Sunglasses from Accessorize Bikini top from Tesco










Bikini top from Tesco












Dress from Quiz clothing


5 Tips to save money before Christmas (& just in general)

Here are a few things i do to help save money before Christmas, i hope this helps you!

Cut down on your electricity bill

This one is really simple, not using something? Turn it off! Im a firm believer of this as im a bit of an eco warrior as well as a major money saver! I have having lights on for a start (im not a vampire) but if its not dark enough that you cant see the lights dont need to be on! You will be surprised how much electric you save which means more money for things that are more important!

Coupons, coupons, coupons

My wallet is always full of coupons, but do be careful they are made to make you buy stuff you dont usually, im always picking up the Tesco, Boots & Superdrug magazine because they are full of coupons! I have saved so much money using these.




Sign up to the loyalty card!!

I have cards for every shop! Tesco, Sainsburys, Matalan, Boots, Superdrug, you name it i have a card for it! Even if i dont shop in the place all the time your points add up, im always getting …