Skip to main content

Some great news...

Hello Blog,

Im so happy and excited to share this with you, so as you know if you read my blog or know me my daughter Eloise had erbs palsy when she was born which is temporary nerve damage due to the way she was born, and getting stuck. So she had no movement in her arm for the first few weeks and reading up on erbs palsy some babies have to go through oppertations to get the slightest bit of movement back and some dont (worse case scenario) so we were referred to physio every 4 weeks.

By her 1st physio appointment at 4 weeks she had some movement in her arm and could bring it across to her stomach, just bearing in mind we had no support from the hospital, we were told what erbs pasly was and was sent away, so information no nothing. At physio they gave us some exercises to do with her to get her shoulder moving and FINALLY a leaflet on erbs pasly and how to care for a baby with erbs such as for the first 4 weeks NOT moving her arm... well we didnt know this so the first 4 weeks we were doing little movements with her. It was also full of helpful information like how to feed, bath, and put them to sleep if they have erbs like how to support the arm etc. Would of been flipping helpful from the start as it was now too late to do all that with her considering she had movement!

So anyway we went away and did these exercises straight away twice a day! At her second physio appointment at 8 weeks she had move movement but still wasnt moving her shoulder... we took eloise home and a few hours later after i finished feeding her she laid there looked at me and smiled and then raised both arms above her head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me and Decarlo were speachless and so happy at the same time! So now all she keeps doing is lifting her arms, i think shes enjoying the movement! She makes me so proud every day and then she does little things like this and i cant explain the feeling i get shes amazing!!

Unfortunately theres not a lot of help with erbs pasly babies (not down here anyway) so if you do need extra help and information either leave a comment for me or you can google erbs pasly (dont be put off by the horror stories like me, there all worst case scenarios!) or please please ask your hospital for more help, me and Decarlo didnt and we really wish we did! I have made a complaint about it anyway so hopefully they will do more in the future... (this is not me moaning about the NHS) as i understand all the staff do as much as they can to help us, but hopefully in the future this is something they can improve on!

Peace and love

Lydia Anne

Pic above from the erbs palsy website - http://www.erbspalsygroup.co.uk/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A few things from my Holiday Wardrobe

Black bikini bottoms from prettylittlething.com













Red Bikini (top & bottoms) from prettylittlething.com










Sunglasses from Accessorize Bikini top from Tesco










Bikini top from Tesco












Dress from Quiz clothing


Baby update - 1 year old

Hi everyone, so i have been wanting to film a baby update for so long, and its so difficult to film a sit down video with Eloise as she just wants to get up and move about so i thought i would do a written version instead!

As you know from the title Eloise is now a 1 year old! Still feels weird to say and type it! So this post is just going to update you on whats shes been up to and what milestones shes been achieving!

Eloise started walking about 11 months old, she took a few steps one week and the next week she was walking from room to room so it happened super super quickly, and now as im writing this shes running around all over the place! We recently brought her first pair of shoes from clarks however one of them has now been lost, we have searched the house so we have come to the conclusion that its ended up in the bin!

We made the transition from baby milk to cows milk about 11 months old. She was already having plenty of cows milk in her cereal so we thought we would change he…

How i celebrated my 21st birthday

So on May 15th 2017 i celebrated my 21st birthday. Well i say the 15th may but i pretty much celebrated all weekend and theres still more to come!






The day before my birthday me and my mum went shopping and brought loads of stuff for our holiday to Cuba. (there is a haul on my channel Lydia Anne on YouTube) it was a really sunny day in Cornwall and it was so nice to spend the time with my mum and Eloise. After shopping i went home to find one of my sisters had decorated my front room with balloons and also put photos on my wall in the shape of a 21. These were photos from when i was born right up until now, i literally am so soppy i cried my eyes out for about 30 mins i couldn't even talk, whilst i was doing that Decarlo couldn't stop laughing at me! When i finally managed to stop crying and actually look at the photos properly Decarlo told me we were going for a meal just me him and Eloise, so i had to go and wash my face and get rid of any make up that was left on my face (wh…