Skip to main content

Healthy eating/living

Hi Everybody

So its been a while since my last post this time i thought i would do something complelety different and talk to you about my changes in my eating and lifestyle since being pregnant and im hoping to carry it on afterwards. Hopefully this may motivate some of you to follow in my footsteps.

So since being pregnant i have stopped smoking! I was smoking for about 5 years or so and im so pleased i managed to stop as ever since i started i have wanted to stop but never had the will power to do so! Every time i tried before i didnt succeed but knowing i had a little one i needed to protect was all i needed, i dont crave it or miss it what so ever and i really hope i keep it up after i give birth!


I have also started to drink decaffeinated drinks such as tea and coffee, i think even if your not pregnant its such a great change to make, you may experience some headaches if you were someone that used to have a lot of caffeine, but i feel so much better now i have cut down! Decaff tea and coffee doesn't taste any different but it is so much healthier for you, some of you believe you need a caffeine fix to wake you up well i have a decaff tea in the morning and just the hot drink wakes me up. Give it a go!

Another thing i do is take pregnancy vitamins - which are basically just multi vitamins, once i give birth im going to carry on taking these as i believe your body just needs a pick me up and it just helps everything in general!

Going back to drinking cups of tea i usually have two sugars in my tea, i was reading an article the other day about how bad sugar is for you and how we in England have a massive sugar addiction, apparently the government advises adults to only have 7 teaspoons of sugar a day, well i drink an awful lot of tea so thats already gone over the daily amount, then its hidden in jars of sauce and things so gradually im cutting down, i am doing it by half's so at the moment i have one and a half teaspoons of sugar for my tea and i will gradually keep cutting it down. Im also cooking a lot from scratch now which is cheaper and more fun and it doesn't take very long at all! At least then i know whats in it and how much sugar content there is!

Anyway i will stop rambling now, but those are a few suggestions, give it a try, would love to hear how you get on and if you have any healthy eating/living tips please comment below :)

Speak soon!

Lydia Anne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IM PREGNANT!!!!! My first trimester

Hello all, as im writing this im coming up to 13 weeks pregnant, due the 21st March 2018 (my original due date was 24th march which is my daughters birthday) but the baby was measuring bigger.

This is our second and final baby and im so excited to share my journey with you, as i only started blogging and youtube at the very end of my last pregnancy.

So whats in store for you? Well im going to be filming and blogging my journey.

So my first trimester how has it been you ask? In all honesty its been aweful, dont get me wrong im so so lucky to be pregnant and not a day goes by i dont realise how lucky i am. However i have been super super sick and feeling so tired and grotty in general. My skin has been aweful ive got really bad acne all over my face which is very painful. Ive been suffering a lot with headaches because of the rise of hormones in my body and ive also just wanted to sleep ALL the time which proves very hard with a toddler running around


. Im sure at the start i had some k…

A few things from my Holiday Wardrobe

Black bikini bottoms from prettylittlething.com













Red Bikini (top & bottoms) from prettylittlething.com










Sunglasses from Accessorize Bikini top from Tesco










Bikini top from Tesco












Dress from Quiz clothing


5 Tips to save money before Christmas (& just in general)

Here are a few things i do to help save money before Christmas, i hope this helps you!

Cut down on your electricity bill

This one is really simple, not using something? Turn it off! Im a firm believer of this as im a bit of an eco warrior as well as a major money saver! I have having lights on for a start (im not a vampire) but if its not dark enough that you cant see the lights dont need to be on! You will be surprised how much electric you save which means more money for things that are more important!

Coupons, coupons, coupons

My wallet is always full of coupons, but do be careful they are made to make you buy stuff you dont usually, im always picking up the Tesco, Boots & Superdrug magazine because they are full of coupons! I have saved so much money using these.




Sign up to the loyalty card!!

I have cards for every shop! Tesco, Sainsburys, Matalan, Boots, Superdrug, you name it i have a card for it! Even if i dont shop in the place all the time your points add up, im always getting …